Friday, March 7, 2008

Happy Anniversary to us!

Its the first time hubby is away on our anniversary. He has been gone for about a week and it would be at least another week before he comes back.

I wrote a poem for him as my gift to him on this day. This was the only gift I could think of giving him when he is so far away.


Ode to love
---------------

Today we complete eight years of married life
Its been an enlightening journey as your wife!

There have been happy times
And also not so happy times.
But I can say for sure,
That I couldn't have asked for more.

First time today, you are away on this special day.
I hope and pray 'never again' come what may.

They used to say "Distance makes heart grow fonder"
And now I know, it's so true!

It's been so long and I've started to feel sore
I want to hug you, kiss you and love you some more.

Words are not enough to say, how much I love you,
And deep down the heart, I know so do you!

No comments:

Post a Comment